View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Abby

Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Abby has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanChick View Post
I think we're talking about two different things -
with the OP asking 'why are we not honest about our kinks' it could mean really one of two things.
Honest with ourselves and partners OR
Honest with the world around us.

I agree with everyone else that we should be honest with our partners or potential partners when we speak about our preferences - to me that is a no brainer. Sharing myself in that way with my husband has brought about the best sex in our marriage.

The honesty with society at large is a double sided sword imo. All of us, even the kinky ones, judge others according to what we perceive as 'normal' - that will never change.
Just because I feel sexually liberated knowing that i have certain kinks doesn't mean however that the little old lady across the street or the 18 yo teenager down the street needs to know about them

I try to be as accepting as possible to everyone's limits - and that includes those of my vanilla friends too. Oversharing is not something that needs to happen if we don't know how the other people feel about it imo, I always ask myself if anything good will come from me approaching the subject and judge on a case by case basis
Absolutely agree. Just because I'm comfy with my likes and dislikes doesn't mean everyone I come in contact with needs to know about them. I'm becoming active in the bdsm community in my area, but outside of those friends I don't share this part of myself with others. There's a time and a place for this type of stuff.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote