View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
Derick

Derick Level 3 (300+)Derick Level 3 (300+)Derick Level 3 (300+)Derick Level 3 (300+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmetoo View Post
If it takes more than a week to fix a server issue I think they need some new tech people. I can build a complete system from scratch in less than a day.
Building an entire system is not necessarily sorting out a mess.

A) MDS and Wicked unfortunatley have not been that active on RD in the past while, due to RL issue. So they might not even be aware of it until after its been down a couple days if not more. (I do know from what I have heard that work is being done to restore it)

B) Depending on who did the hosting. The severity of whatever cause it to crash. If they have to find a new site to host, it would only be intelligent to find a site that won't ever have an issue with hosting this kind of content.

C) Depending on the crash, and the quality of the backups that were being done, could mean RD could come back up quickly, but who know WHAT was backed up, what was lost. etc. I rather they take their time and do a excellent job, that loose everything.

D) If it was them hosting it themselves, then they might need to be able afford new hardware.

Unfortunately this is ALL speculation, there is only a bare minimum of information going out as to WHAT happened and why RD went down. All we can do is hope for the best ... as well hopefully repay our gracious hosts at Rape Board with out Rapey fun.
Derick is offline   Reply With Quote