Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   Rowdy room (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spam bots are dumb (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=121456)

drvenkman 12-31-2012 01:16 AM

Spam bots are dumb

Whoever is spamming the forum is a stupid ass.

Thank you, that is all.

FuckingRotter 12-31-2012 06:47 AM

Spammers are like traffic wardens and drug dealers. Nobody likes them, but so long as some evil cunt keeps paying them to work, some lowlife bastard is going to take their money.

Crotch_Ripper 12-31-2012 09:57 AM

Pretty much sums it up

drvenkman 01-01-2013 01:34 AM

If I may, I'd like to make three suggestions:

- Bring on additional help (if not full mods then create an "assistant" staff group).
- Implement a plugin that requires the first post to be verified by a mod/staff.
- Increase security for new registers (added capchas / verification).

I know this takes work and might not be possible, but it would help a lot.

Thank you. :skull-bee

Crotch_Ripper 01-02-2013 06:19 PM

In all honesty we dont need anymore mods. The four active ones here are more than enough.

Second we have requested that first time posters be approved by us. Unfortunetly the board admin has not allowed us to have this power, if members here perhaps 'encouraged' him to do so that might happen.

Numerous capchas and other types of verification have been employed. Eventually the bots get around it.

IF the members here really started asking the board admin to give us the power to approve membership ,99% of this would dry up overnight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvenkman (Post 1192918)
If I may, I'd like to make three suggestions:

- Bring on additional help (if not full mods then create an "assistant" staff group).
- Implement a plugin that requires the first post to be verified by a mod/staff.
- Increase security for new registers (added capchas / verification).

I know this takes work and might not be possible, but it would help a lot.

Thank you. :skull-bee

drvenkman 01-03-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotch_Ripper (Post 1193935)
Second we have requested that first time posters be approved by us. Unfortunetly the board admin has not allowed us to have this power, if members here perhaps 'encouraged' him to do so that might happen.

Who do I have to ask? Point me to the PM box and I'll write a request.

Crotch_Ripper 01-04-2013 07:12 AM

admin

Thats his ID

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvenkman (Post 1194831)
Who do I have to ask? Point me to the PM box and I'll write a request.

drvenkman 01-04-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotch_Ripper (Post 1195216)
admin

Thats his ID

When I tried to PM him, the board said his PM box was full.

This is what I wanted to write to him:

Quote:

Hello admin,

As a long time member I'd like to just say thanks for keeping this place running. For a while now, I have noticed a severe issue with Spambots (fake accounts) posting nonsense in every single forum on a daily basis. It does get reported and the staff deletes it, but a few hours later the forum is full of spam posts. It's driving members away from your forum.

If I may, I would suggest you install a system where all new posts must be approved by the staff. Many forums have a similar system, where the first 5 posts a person has to make must be approved. This would would drastically help to eliminate the problem. Thus restoring confidence in the forum and boosting member participation.

I hope you will consider this suggestion. Thank you.

FuckingRotter 01-06-2013 09:49 AM

Is it? I'll allow that a moderator doesn't have to be an active participant in the boards to be actively clearing spam. Thing is, I only see yourself and Somedude actually participating in the site. That's if I even bother to log in at all. I bring up the landing page, see every post on that page is by a spammer and duly fuck off somewhere else. This happens day and night.

You may have two or four active moderators. All in the US, all with other commitments, which means that for 23 out of 24 hours in any given day this forum is over run by shite. It's worse than I can ever remember it since I joined in whenever it was I joined.

Now this isn't criticism of the work the moderators do, but you have to acknowledge that you can't cope with the work load. Both yourself and Somedude are a lot less active in actually joining in with the boards. Then ask yourself, when was the last time there was some drama for you to actually moderate, instead of just mopping up the shit? And then ask yourself why is there no longer any drama? The answer is, because everyone is fucked off with this place because it's over run by spam and they can't be arsed to communicate with each other any more.

Go and scroll down the first page in this here rowdy room, there are still posts from a year ago on the first page! It's fucking diabolical!

Do you really seriously think that this site has enough active moderators to cope with the work load? And do you really enjoy the Rapeboard experience as much as you did say two or three years ago?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotch_Ripper (Post 1193935)
In all honesty we dont need anymore mods. The four active ones here are more than enough.

Crotch_Ripper 01-06-2013 12:16 PM

We do have enough and I will tell you why.

The root problem here is not in removing SPAM thats pretty easy for us. We can mass delete hundreds of SPAM posts at a time.

We CANNOT however ban the IP's of the spammers. The admin has not granted us that power, BUT HE CAN if he wishes to.

You can delete thousands of SPAM posts. But you cannot stop the SPAM unless you also BAN the IP of thespammer/bot at the same time. We could have 20 mods and they would have no greater effect on this mess than the four us right now.

Its all about the power to ban IP's & not member IDs. I remove close to 600 SPAM posts a day. But they come from only 5 or 6 IP's.

I will grant you its a pain, but more mods wont make the problem go away. Its the power granted to the mods by the admin.

Example over the last 4 days there has been ONE IP that has put over 1,000 SPAM posts on the board. The first time they did 320. Imagine banning that IP after wiping out the initial SPAM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuckingRotter (Post 1197429)
Is it? I'll allow that a moderator doesn't have to be an active participant in the boards to be actively clearing spam. Thing is, I only see yourself and Somedude actually participating in the site. That's if I even bother to log in at all. I bring up the landing page, see every post on that page is by a spammer and duly fuck off somewhere else. This happens day and night.

You may have two or four active moderators. All in the US, all with other commitments, which means that for 23 out of 24 hours in any given day this forum is over run by shite. It's worse than I can ever remember it since I joined in whenever it was I joined.

Now this isn't criticism of the work the moderators do, but you have to acknowledge that you can't cope with the work load. Both yourself and Somedude are a lot less active in actually joining in with the boards. Then ask yourself, when was the last time there was some drama for you to actually moderate, instead of just mopping up the shit? And then ask yourself why is there no longer any drama? The answer is, because everyone is fucked off with this place because it's over run by spam and they can't be arsed to communicate with each other any more.

Go and scroll down the first page in this here rowdy room, there are still posts from a year ago on the first page! It's fucking diabolical!

Do you really seriously think that this site has enough active moderators to cope with the work load? And do you really enjoy the Rapeboard experience as much as you did say two or three years ago?

drvenkman 01-06-2013 06:10 PM

Okay, well, admin's PM box is still full, but I posted all my suggestions on his Wall. Hopefully, he'll check it sometime soon and take appropriate action. CR has a good point, either the staff should be given more board powers or the admin in charge needs to take greater action in dealing with the spammers who are ruining this board.

batffink 01-08-2013 06:04 PM

Like FR I'm totally fed up to the back teeth with the spamming going on on this board. I know that the Rapeboard experience has declined somewhat in the past couple of years but it's not being helped by the plonkers who are allowed to flood the board with their puerile crap any time they like.
Today there were nearly three pages of shit by some fuckwit spambot by the name of "leomesyu' Three fucking pages!!!
My sympathy lies with the Mods for the time they are forced to waste deleting this trash and I think, as a long term member of this board, that the Administrator should get off his complacent arse and allow the Mods to have the power they need to eliminate the problem once and for all. Otherwise Rapeboard is heading for third rate, waste of time status.
And that would be a crying shame.

perfectlyformed 01-09-2013 12:53 PM

You ever wonder if other similar sites as this one point the spam our way somehow?

x

Crotch_Ripper 01-09-2013 02:51 PM

That is possible. Whether or not it happens I dont know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectlyformed (Post 1200763)
You ever wonder if other similar sites as this one point the spam our way somehow?

x

drvenkman 01-10-2013 11:21 PM

Spammers target any popular board. But whatever the cause, it's not a difficult problem to solve.

admin has been AFK for almost a month now, but hopefully he'll respond to my message soon.

drvenkman 01-13-2013 09:33 PM

So, it looks like admin was logged on as of yesterday.

Was there any update to this situation? Thanks in advance.

Crotch_Ripper 01-19-2013 07:34 AM

As of today. I now have the power to ban IPs.

drvenkman 01-19-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotch_Ripper (Post 1210361)
As of today. I now have the power to ban IPs.

That alone might be enough to save this place.

Congrats. :skull-bee

Crotch_Ripper 01-20-2013 12:30 PM

We would like any input good/bad about the volume of spam from here on out.

FuckingRotter 01-21-2013 09:57 AM

Well, this is the first time in a long time that I've opened the home page and not seen any crap.