Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   Rowdy room (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Martin McGuinness, RIP or rot in hell? (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=173358)

FuckingRotter 06-10-2017 01:26 AM

Since we're discussing tail wagging dog, one of the DUP policies is the forming of freeports in economically deprived areas, giving preferential rates to importers and exporters there. In other words, they want to give the Port of Belfast a shot in the arm. Fair enough.

The government had previously pledged to match EU investment in the regions when we leave. So it isn't as if the DUP would be expecting the government to do some thing it wouldn't other wise do. It would simply be telling the government how it wants the money spent. That seems perfectly reasonable for the party that is the party of regional government any way. Far more efficient than the EU, which just seems to like to cherry pick vanity projects.

I wonder if Sinn Fein will play ball?

tom8517 06-10-2017 04:07 AM

I would think so, provided the "economically deprived areas" are arrived at on the basis of need rather than geography.

Sinn Fein has to show now that they can be more than just the party for reunification. They have to deliver nuts and bolts results for the people that voted for them. The DUP is getting all the headlines, rightly so, as they have the chance to influence events far beyond the north.

But, don't overlook what Sinn Fein has accomplished. The opponent the other night was not the unionists, it was the SDLP. The electoral showdown with the unionists is years in the future, maybe more. But by shutting out the SDLP Sinn Fein has come closer to realistically being able to speak for the entire nationalist/republican population of the north.

They need to build on this, and that's going to involve reaching an accommodation with the DUP.

FuckingRotter 06-10-2017 07:15 AM

By region, rather than by borough or manor, you would be very hard pressed to find a more economically deprived place than Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom. I don't know how the figures measure up now, but when I was studying economics in the late 80s, Ulster had the highest unemployment and crime rates. Investment in the Port of Belfast would benefit not just people working there, but would have wider implications for the whole city, and probably the whole island, north and south.

Sinn Fein would be foolish not to get involved. They may not want to take up seats in Westminster, but this is an opportunity to actually govern. The DUP and Sinn Fein have been working together for twenty years, if they can agree how they want the money promised by the United Kingdom government to be spent, the DUP then more or less become Sinn Feins broker in Whitehall. Imagine that, Sinn Fein propping up a British government by proxy!

I still think they should take their seats in parliament though, and become a real political party, not a protest one.

FuckingRotter 06-10-2017 07:58 AM

Yesterday some one I know was complaining on Facebook that the DUP believe that the Pope is Satan. I pointed out that the Pope is Argentinian, which to an Englishman is the next worse thing. I then also pointed out that the previous Pope was German, and that the evidence is beginning to pile up.

tom8517 06-10-2017 03:10 PM

You might be on to something. The usual accusation is the anti Christ rather than Satan himself.

The Orange order is a peculiar bunch. Their big day, July 12 is coming up. Fat old guys in bowler hats and orange sashes beating drums and marching around to show the prince of darkness and his minions in Rome that Ulster is standing strong.

FuckingRotter 06-10-2017 03:39 PM

Good on them.

tom8517 06-10-2017 08:36 PM

so, a bit surprised this thread has had this long of a run. But it seems the consensus answer to the original question has been that Martin has earned his rest

go raibh maith agat Martin. Tiocfaidh Ár Lá

FuckingRotter 06-11-2017 03:19 AM

Events over the last year have combined to make Northern Ireland topical, and interesting.

tom8517 06-11-2017 06:43 PM

A lot or presure from ff in the south for Sinn Féin to take their seatsA a bit odd from a party that plays lip service to a 32 county republic but has has done nothing to advane it

tom8517 06-11-2017 06:57 PM

Sinn Fein's success had made her the bad girl from across the tracks that everyone wants to talk to now

grants70 06-11-2017 10:30 PM

Isn't Sinn Feins reluctance to take their seats down to having to swear allegiance to the Queen?

grants70 06-11-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom8517 (Post 1604114)
Sinn Fein's success had made her the bad girl from across the tracks that everyone wants to talk to now

There has been a lot of news coverage of this over here all weekend. More than a few politicians saying they really don't like what the DUP stands for, such as them being anti abortion, anti gay rights (Ulster says NO to all that ;)) and other things.

tom8517 06-12-2017 12:20 AM

Sinn fein will not swear an oath to the queen. They don't take salary but do recieve payment for office and other expenses in London.

FuckingRotter 06-13-2017 10:59 AM

A (not very credible internet news) source is suggesting that seven Sinn Fein MPs are on their way to take up seats in parliament. I wonder which one will put Dennis Skinners nose out of joint this time? ;)

tom8517 06-13-2017 12:03 PM

Sinn Fein is going to London, but its to discuss possible special EU status for Northern Ireland and a series of meetings with the other political parties and some trade unions. Both Adams and Michelle O'Neill have affirmed that Sinn Fein will not take their seats.

The important issue is to restore power sharing. Sinn Fein taking their seats would have historic symbolic importance, but would really change very little in practical terms. Both DUP and Sinn Fein are talking about how critical it is getting Stormont up and running, but neither side seems seriously committed to making it happen.

I have very real concerns that things could go very bad, very quickly in the north. The return of direct rule from London, given the fact that the DUP's new relationship with the government would seriously alienate even moderate nationalists.

The orange order is already asking the DUP to use their new influence in London to relax the restrictions on their marching thru nationalists areas. In particular the bowler and sash boys want to be allowed to parade down Garvaghy Road in Drumcree. If this happens, a riot is almost a certainty. This is exactly the sort of thing that could send the north up in flames.

Curiously, the first violence of the marching season occurred in Liverpool of all places. An Orange parade was passing an Irish bar, apparently the patrons were not at all pleased. The drinkers spilled out into the street and a fairly substantial brawl broke out.

FuckingRotter 06-13-2017 01:37 PM

Scousers. How many people had their pockets emptied during the fight?

tom8517 06-13-2017 02:36 PM

As far as I know, scouser has no sectarian connotation, so if everyone involved was a local they may have just traded the contents of each others pockets.

FuckingRotter 06-13-2017 03:37 PM

Yeah, grown men knocking ten types of shit out of each other over whose imaginary friend gives them the most right to walk down the fucking street. Pathetic.

tom8517 06-13-2017 04:42 PM

Not quite that simple. To put it in American terms, a bit like the KKK staging a march in Watts or Harlem.

tom8517 06-13-2017 07:54 PM

If you're talking the fight in Liverpool, then I'd agree. Most likely a case of pub stool patriots excersising their beer muscles.