PDA

View Full Version : So how is the economy doing in your country?

rasputin
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
We are pretty fucked here. Thanks for your concern...:skull-big

And how about you guys? Thinking of jumping off that bridge yet?

Emily Johnson
10-12-2008, 12:04 AM
It's looking scary at work. Some of our larger clients are teetering, and if they go we do too.

MADDOGMCMANAMAN
10-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Its absolutely amazing how fucking flimsy the whole system is and how quickly and easily it is succeptible to such ruin ! :mad:

Trill
10-12-2008, 01:35 AM
We;re doing pretty well over here. Rudd put together a bailout package just in case, but it's only $20bn and it looks like most of that will go to the elderly anyway.

Kamikaze84
10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Not good. A few banks and building societies have gone bankrupt and/or merged to save themselves.
There has actually been talk of our banks raiding people's savings leaving only 35k in their accounts or something like that, I wasn't really paying attention.
I'm a pauper so it wouldn't effect me but that is just plain wrong anyway.
We've already been taxed on our earnings and savings.

ChiTownHoney
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
From what I hear....(it has yet to affect me personally) its getting REALLY bad and people are scared.

Especially top people who work for banks, brokers, people like that.

menace
10-13-2008, 04:15 AM
Rather well considering. Banks and other financial institutions are holding, stock market has dropped, but since it wasn't very developed at the onset of this crisis it's effected few people. Major businesses are looking at a drop of earnings if the EU goes into recesion, but nothing serious enough to go bankrupt.

jaimesilva17
10-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Here in Portugal the things are not so great to.
The government gives today a order to help people who have house loans.
The Euribor up´s everyday and our salary's go down and down.
I think the creation of the " €uro" and the "Globalization" determines the rhythm of this crisis.
One day will be pass.

Cumps everyone

ego
10-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Not that bad. Banks here are mostly based on client's deposit and not on high risk investments. Cash however becomes more expensive and difficult to loan, which might lead business interests to sell up real assets.
Personally speaking, that would be great!